Common Ground Translation Service provides professional English, Chinese and Tibetan translations and transcriptions. We offer simultaneous, in-person translations in Dharamsala and surrounding areas as well as online document, audio and video transcriptions.
We also provide information sessions for journalists, researchers, writers and filmmakers including the following:
- In-depth Q & A’s about Tibet
- Updates about the current situation inside Tibet
- Historical and cultural background on Tibet, Dharamsala and exile Tibetan communities
- Information about the Tibetan Government in Exile, Tibetan NGOs and International Tibet Support Groups
- Coordinating relevant contacts and interviews as needed
By providing a professional translation service with a team of translators, we also help generate part-time employment as well as provide experience and opportunities for Tibetan exiles in the Dharamsala community. Please note that we generally do not accept commercial translation projects.
Our team of translators and fixers have served various agencies including TIME, Washington Post, CNN, BBC, Reuters, Associated Press, AFP, The New Yorker and Financial Times.
For a quote on your translation project or to book for information sessions, please contact us with the details and needs of your project.
Common Ground Translation Service is a nonprofit venture of Common Grounds Project, a registered nonprofit in the state of Himachel Pradesh, India.